Saturday, July 3, 2004

July 1, 2004

July 1, 2004

Back on to Old 66.  We left Springfield, Mo. late this morning after the rain stopped.  First stop was a quaint little town called Halltown.  Chatted with Mike and Jerry they own a gift and antique shop on the old road.  The girls found purses, while Rick chatted with the boys; we were chased out of town by a mangy mutt. Farther down the road we found some of the original cement road, in what was Spencer, Missouri. We stopped in Carthage, Mo. to walk through some antique shops. While in the town we used the public bathrooms in the county courthouse, but not before taking a ride in the historic elevator still operated by a county employee.  While in Carthage we drove out to the Route 66 Drive in, the girls tried out the playground.  After a few spins it was off to Iggy’s diner for lunch.

Back on the Road. If we keep stopping at everything that catches our fancy we may never get home……..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice Hometown Webpage!

Great stories & pics!

Keep up the good work.

I had a 1958 Cadillac when I was in college. It was all original & had ONE owner. I absolutely ADORED the car. We had lots of adventures in it & even produced a college film project around it.

In 1984, I had troubles with the master cylinder and had it parked at a Sunoco station where it was supposed to be repaired but instead was stolen. I have been anguished about it ever since.

Tonight I decided to take advantage of my free AOL Hometown Webpage and put two parts that I have been keeping [as sad souvenirs] from my old Caddy for sale. I will see if anyone is interested.

Anyway, just thought I'd comment [and I am not one who readily ever comments on other people's websites] and wish you and yours well.

Eduard17@aol.com